Saturday, April 18, 2009



The decision has been made and I am scheduled for right leg knee replacement on Wednesday, April 22nd at WARMC (Western Arizona Regional Medical Center in Bullhead City, AZ). I don't know the surgery time yet. When I am back to parr, I have no plans on running the Boston Marathon!

A couple weeks back my right knee swelled to over double its size and the orthopedic surgeon had to drain fluid from the knee (60 cc's). Ever since then, My leg has been in constant pain. I am using a walker to get around but even that is a challenge. The pain is well over the high scale. I'll be in the hospital possibly 5 days and then home therapy. Chris has been wonderful and has taken on the full-time tasks of doing everything. He can actually cook; something he has been hiding for over 35 years!

I.ve have had so many surgeries over the years but this one scares me most of all. My dad is having carpel tunnel surgery on the same day in Phoenix. It took a long time to get him scheduled because of his pacemaker.

No comments: